Energy Drinks


11/26/2017
17:00



Energy Drinks

Have you ever tried Red Bull or Monster? As the semester continues I find myself drinking more energy drinks than usual, more specifically Red bull. This is because the workload is increasing, I am looking for internships, friends and family have many events to for me to attend. Life is becoming more chaotic as the semester is coming to an end. It also grieves me that this is my last winter semester, so I am trying to make the most of it with the people around me. Recently I have decided to take a break from energy drinks for a while because of the sugar, and they only give me a sugar rush for about two hours or a little more, before I am ready for a nap! Taking a break from energy drinks and focus on just drinking water the past few days and focusing on going to bed earlier has been great!!! I feel rejuvenated, alive, and my soul is well! Drink from the living well water! 

As always,
Ana 








Comments

  1. I definitely know how you’re feeling, Ana! The semester feels like it’s more chaotic than ever and I find myself going to Starbucks more than normal. I think it’s great like you said to always be cognizant of your sleep schedule and how much you are actually sleeping. I have so much more energy when I get a full nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Ana! this time of the semester can get very hectic and overwhelming at times. I have recently challenged myself to increasing my water intake and I have definitely seen a difference in my overall well being. I was never one to drink every drinks but as a college student, I can see why we turn to them at this time of each semester! Like you said, I think it is very important that we are all getting a good amount of sleep each night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate! This semester has been stressful for me as well. I am not a fan of energy drinks and coffee, but I can imagine how it would feel to crash after drinking it! My brother drinks Monster like water, and has way more than the recommended daily amount. He has trouble sleeping at night, my theory is all of the caffeine and sugar that he is constantly ingesting into his body. I am glad that you are feeling a lot better after cutting out energy drinks! Finish the semester strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. This semester has been more stressful than the others. To help me relieve stress I work out and set time aside to just relax, its pretty helpful. I do not like energy drinks, so I drink a lot of Gatorade and water instead. I have been drinking a lot more water recently and I feel a lot better because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Within the past year, I have cut out caffeine completely. I have never binged on actual energy drinks, but I used to drink a lot of cola products. It was an addiction that was hard to get rid of. My advice is to replace your energy drinks with coffee. I recently found out that coffee itself is actual beneficial to your body. I personally don't like coffee, but if you do you should replace your energy drinks with it even for a little bit, it should help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely like you, I drink energy drinks constantly, I really need my caffeine to get me going and keep me going. I know that it definitely isn't the healthiest option out there but I don't really know how to cut that out. I know you said that you drink more water and try to go to bed earlier but I know at least with me I work most of the week until 11 and it's hard to do that some times. We need to find a healthy energy alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in the same boat but i am using the starbucks cold coffees that are loaded with sugar. They don't really help as much as a good nights rest or healthy food and drink choices. You were totally right that this semester is stressful and i know why you need the energy, but it great you found something else that works for you ! finish strong !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to always wanting to be drinking energy drinks. Thank goodness I have found great alternatives to keeping my energy the way that I want it. I am always trying to keep up with my aminos and making sure I am getting enough nutrients out of my foods to keep up with the daily stresses of life. I've discovered, though that it can be very hard to get all of my nutrients from my food so I do supplement them through pill vitamins and amino supplements.

      Delete
  8. I personally hate energy drinks and have only drank them a few times in my life. They are very unhealthy and I try to be as healthy as I can. I really only drink water. You should drink coffee as a replacement to energy drinks. It is much healthier and will still wake you up with the caffeine it has in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may have had an energy drink 3 or 4 times in my life. Not only do I feel like they don't work, but the taste of them is atrocious. I am glad to read that you have switched to water, because it is not only healthier for you, but it will help you more in the long run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment